Monday, January 10, 2011

babe.

I once made the mistake of going through my boyfriends phone.  Yes, once upon a time I took things into my own hands and really not only let myself down but my boyfriend as well.  Us girls all know that a man never wants to really show you what's in his phone.  It's usually locked and put away.  I get it.  Yes, this is where the whole "trust" issue comes in and I'm supposed to be the good girlfriend that should know better.

You ever have that feeling in your gut where things just don't seem right.  That there is something your man wants to say but thinks it would piss you off if he mentions it?

Well I have.  I went diggin' for dirt and got exactly what I wanted.  Maybe I got what I deserved or maybe he really made a mistake.

When I saw that my boyfriend at the time had called another girl "babe" my heart sunk to my stomach.  I thought that was my name.  Some point of views would say, "well that word is thrown around like a rag doll, its nothing" and others would say "wow that would piss me off so bad."  Well it did.  Men will never understand woman and I could say that 100 times more. 

Forget the situation of the conversation.   There was a tiny past between the two and it hurt a little more to know that.  I honestly felt that i didn't matter at the time he was talking to her. 

This is where i come in with, "I'm a girl, i know how we are."  Girls are sneaky, manipulative, and sleazy.  We all know this.  It's the principle of a relationship.  Or the fact that I'm sure ol' home girl had plenty of other people to confide in but chose a guy who had a girlfriend at the time.  On top of that I don't play nice.

If i would have known the girl, or heard about her i would have never blown up like i did.  She came out of nowhere.  Randomly brought up and hopefully randomly disappeared.

He was honest enough to explain the situation and even offer her number to me to talk to her.  Let's all be real here, and if you know me you would know exactly how i would handle a situation like that. 

It just isn't fair.  No matter what the situation is, or if she's a close friend she doesn't deserve what i deserve. 

This is the problem between men and women.  Men don't bring other girls around because they feel it's a threat to their girlfriend. 

Here it is boys, us girls will handle our own.  If we feel threatened we will be sure to stand our ground and protect what's ours.  The worst thing to do is hide the relationships you have with other women who are just friends.  To us that means there is something more than meets the eye if YOU choose not to mention or bring them around.

We may be fierce but we definitely have feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment