Thursday, January 20, 2011

Salt & Pepper.


I've always been okay with the way people look at me.  I really cannot be mad when I'm covered in tattoos, sported a shaved head and gave off the vibe that I was on top the world.  To me it was never a big deal to crush on Pharell Williams.  He's a light skin beauty and I've had a thing for him since I can remember. 

No matter what, I believe you should love someone for who they are on the inside, not the outside.  Color to me, whether it's black, blue, purple, green, yellow means nothing.  The personality of a person and how they carry themselves has always gotten me.

The older generation (grandparents) that grew up with racism have stuck with it.  I like to call them stubborn.  Not that I judge them because they were raised that way but I feel that its important to keep up with today's society.  Interracial relationships are more accepted today than ever. 

We are all equal.  If you choose to act a fool, no matter your color that is your choice.  I read a few surveys and the percentage of supporting an interracial couple was higher than disagreeing with it. 

Love comes in all colors, shapes and sizes.  Everyone has their preferences.  Something about my boyfriend that had me head over heals was his smile.  He carries himself well and is just a sexy man!  The color of his skin does nothing for me.  It's the way he presents himself. 

I think some people are quick to judge because of traditions and how they have been raised.  Eventually when you're older you'll want to experience new things.  Stepping out of your race, religion, even traditions is a good feeling. 

You cannot let looks or words interfere with your relationship.  Who you choose to love is your own choice.  Confidence in a relationship is important.  Know that some people may not agree with who you are with but know within yourself it's what you want and nothing can break you.

I've experienced family members disagreeing with what i choose to do.  I respect them but i cannot agree with them.  They're old, they grew up completely different than I did.  It does upset me but I know that I'm happy and I wouldn't change what I have for anyone.

I still get dirty looks.  I just grab my boyfriends hand tighter and keep it moving. 

So power to you odd couples, I love it.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment